Rarely does a human life come and go without questioning the purpose of life. We all yearn to have purpose. Sometimes it takes a long time to find it, even decades. And maybe it changes during the search.
My purpose is to help people. When I do it I feel fulfilled and inspired to do more. The million dollar question is; how do I do this? My full time job allows me to help people. But it's thankless. My desire to help runs deeper than fixing computer issues.
My first attempt at an elected office came up just short. If elected I could have been in a position to help people in a lot of areas. City Council is a broad enough office in a small enough geographic area that I could make progress while also finding my niche. But it was not to be. Not this time. I could try again in 2 years. Which, fortunately, I do not need to decide now.
I have a good Facebook group that I could flip into an official Our Revolution affiliate. That is a great start but I would want to make a firm commitment. I'm still debating this choice. But I believe that the true answer will find me on it's own.
In related news, government's purpose is to protect its people. Period. That can happen in a variety of different ways. But, as our country becomes more divided, its elected officials cling to their party and shift their loyalty from the USA and its citizens to either blue or red. So, I believe my purpose will be to be sure to never forget what our government's purpose is and to hold those accountable who pledge to serve our public.
Now... in what capacity do I do this?
No comments:
Post a Comment